Applications are invited from Indian Citizen as defined in articles 5 to 8 of the constitution of India
in the prescribed Standar Form as published in Assam Gazette Part-IX from the intending eligible
candidates for filling up of the following vacant Grade-III sanctioned posts under the Directorate of
Museums, Assam, Ambari, Guwahati – 781001.
1. Name of Post: Junior Assistant
No.of Post: 2(two)
Requisite Qualification: i) Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University. ii) Minimum 6 months Diploma in Computer Application (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Internet, PageMaker etc.) iii) Knowledge of DTP in both English and Assamese.
Scale of Pay: Rs. 14000 to 49000 + GP – 6200/- pm
Place of Posting: Directorate of Museums, Assam, Guwahati./District Museum, under the Directorate of Museums, Assam, Guwahati.
2. Name of Post: Booking Assistant
No.of Post: 1(one)
Requisite Qualification: i) 12th Passed from State/Central educational Board/ Council iii) Knowledge of DTP in both English and Assamese and Computer Diploma
Scale of Pay: Rs. 14000 to 49000 + GP – 5600/- pm
Place of Posting: Directorate of Museums, Assam, Guwahati.
Terms and conditions:
- Candidates/ applicants must mention the Employment Registration No. along with date in their application form in appropriate column.
- Candidates serving in Govt. Departments should submit their application through Proper
- Candidates must not be less than 18 years or more than 38 years of age on 1st January, 2019.
The upper age relaxation for SC/ST etc. as per govt. rule.
- The last date of receipt of application is 10th July, 2019. No application will be entertained after the last date fixed.
- Incomplete application will be rejected without giving any intimation to the candidates.
- The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
a. Self attested copies of H.S.L.C. Admit card for age proof, all the educational qualifications,
caste certificate and valid employment Registration card and PRC (for General Category)
etc are must.
b. Self attested two copies of recent passport size Photographs.
c. A self address envelope size (22 cm x 10 cm) affixing postal stamp for Rs. 5 only
- Candidates/ applicants will have to mention the name of the post applied for at the top of the
sealed envelope carrying the application form.
- No application fee is required.
- Application should be submitted by ordinary post to the Office of the Directorate of
Museums, Assam, Ambari, Guwahati – 781001. No application would be accepted in
person. Department will not be responsible for any lost of application on transit or for
- Selected candidates shall be appointed under the New Pension Scheme announced by the
Govt. of India vide Finance Department’s circular No.BW3/Pt-ITI/I, dtd. 25.1.2005.
- Appointment against the sanctioned vacant post will be made in accordance with the
provision of the Assam Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005 under
Section 7 (i) (G).
- The written test (Objective Type) will consist of General Knowledge, General English,
Mathematics and Assamese for Junior Assistant and Booking Assistant. No TA/DA will be
borne for attending written test’ Computer test.
- The successful candidates of written test will be called for Computer proficiency test.
- Original documents are to be produced at the time of Computer test.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature of an applicant.
- The decision of the Selection Committee will be final in all respect.
- There will be no Viva-Voce (Interview).